Friday, August 7, 2009

Overheard in My House Yesterday

“OK, so you understand that once you sign the contract, you can’t break it, that’s a breach. You will get a punishment if you breach a contract. Do you understand?” the seven year old explains.

“Yes I do understand” answers the four year old.

“Alright then, as long as you understand, sign right here” continues the seven year old.

“Samantha?!?” me.

“Yes Mommy?” replies the seven year old.

“What kind of contract are you making her sign?” me again.

“Well, it’s just about what game we’re playing and what the rules are and what she has to do, and what happens if she breaks the rules.” explains the seven year old, very patiently.

I couldn’t speak directly to her at this point. I’m absolutely positive this is gonna come up somewhere in therapy someday and I’m not getting blamed for this one.

4 comments:

  1. Too terribly funny - which tree does that apple come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she must have taken a class in utero. She came out like this. I just try to stay on her good side (ya know, in case I ever need her help) and my husband tries to fight her tooth and nail. I really don't think she got it from anyone. Think Alex P. Keaton.

    The language, I think, she may have gotten from iCarly. But I'm only guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. o.m.g.

    i can totally hear her saying it.

    hilarious!
    ~k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking you've got a little lawyer in your house. She's a smart one!

    ReplyDelete