Tuesday, November 8, 2011


Thankful November 2011

 I am thankful for every single night I get to fall asleep next to my husband and reach over and feel the warmth of his back. I am thankful for every morning I get to wake up and hear the word “Momma”. I am thankful for every single time I still get to utter the name “Momma” myself. I am thankful for the... highs and the lows because they help me know where the middle is. I am thankful for my gifts, although I am not always so gracious about them. I am thankful for my strength and my stubbornness. I am thankful, incredibly thankful for my faith. It has taken me through so much more than I can ever explain. I am thankful for second chances. I am thankful for incorrect prognosis. I am thankful for skilled doctors and compassionate nurses. I am thankful for friends who are there, even when we don’t know where there is. I am thankful for carpeted stairs and ridiculously unlikely outcomes. I am thankful for our home. Our life. Our past. Our future. I am thankful for our story. I am thankful that I was here when it all began. I pray I will be here to see it through. I am thankful for my senses and my mind. I am thankful for my heart and my soul. I am thankful that I have been exactly where I’ve been and seen exactly what I have. I’m glad I know the truth. I am thankful for all my friends and all my family. In the end, the differences don’t matter. Not really. I am thankful for time and always for patience. I am thankful for my heartaches because they mean I had something worth missing. I am thankful for the love I’ve felt and the love I’ve shared. I am thankful that nobody can ever take that from me. I am thankful for people who believe in me, even when I didn’t always believe in myself. I am thankful that tomorrow is another day. I am thankful for this day and the day before. I am thankful that I am different, even when different isn’t always easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment