Sometimes all the anger that I can feel coming off
commenters online is just disturbing.
Where were all these people when someone REALLY needed their help? Quietly commenting inside the vacuum of their
minds? I don’t agree or condone the
abuse or rape of any child or any adult.
I also don’t condone enabling it to happen. I personally think that everyone should be
required by law (as teachers and doctors and nurses are) to report suspected
child abuse. But let’s do some quiet,
quick reflection on this stuff. Mankind
has been abusing the weaker members of their societies FOREVER! Animals, children, women, slave labor,
indentured servants and unorganized labor.
This is NOTHING NEW. You all are
pissed off that the world isn’t what you think it should be?? Well I’m pissed off that it took you this
long to notice! Maybe instead of
devoting hours online commenting on issues, you could go out there and spend
one CLOCK HOUR a week volunteering your time.
Social outrage is NOT a hobby. It’s
NOT entertainment. It should be a
vehicle for change. Being pissed off isn’t
enough.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment